Best Game Movie
As in 2011, The Gathering will host a gaming related movie competition. Here you can show off your skills in editing and in-game recording at the Vikingship.
- The movie must be game-related, i.e. made with either footage taken from within a game or having a clear game theme.
- The movie must not have been officially released before The Gathering 2012.
- At least one person from the group behind the movie must be a participant at The Gathering 2012.
- All content in the movie - screenshots, scenes, frags and music - must be legally attained.
- The length of the movie must be no less than 60 seconds and no longer than 20 minutes. If any movie selected is longer than 5 minutes (300 seconds), only a segment of the movie will be shown.
- The project must be delivered to the Game:Desk by the time and date noted below - the deadline is absolute! Any project handed in after the deadline will not be eligible for the competition.
- All accepted projects will be subject to a screening process; only the top 8 will be shown publically.
- The project is to be handed in on two DVDs, both with identical content. The contents shall be a README and the movie itself. Again, these DVDs must be handed in at the Game:Desk before the deadline below.
- The movie must be of a format playable by the latest VLC release (not beta) and no bigger than 4GB in size.
- The README must contain the name of all contributors, the name of the "group" to be used in the presentation and the name of all games used in the process of making the movie. The release must be given in the README file with a clearly stated project name of no more than 300 characters.
- Any project missing components on submission will be deemed invalid. Any missing files must be replaced before the deadline or the project will be removed from the contest.
- Judges for the screening process will be selected from the crew of The Gathering 2012. The decisions of the judges are final and can only be changed if a selected project violates any rules and/or any laws.
1st - 6 000 NOK
2nd - 3 000 NOK
3rd - 1 500 NOK
The prizes presented are to be picked up by at least one group member listed in the readme file of the winning entry (see rules above). If no one from the group can be there at the ceremony, the prize will be donated to other competitions at The Gathering 2012. The prizes will be handed out during the official Game:Crew Prize Ceremony held at 8pm on Saturday. If the Prize Ceremony is delayed for any reason and the member cannot attend, the prize will be shipped to the winner at a later date.
The latest possible submission time is 14:00 on Saturday 7th.