- The check-in proof. We say this every year, and every year hundreds of people forget it. Do not leave home without it or you may end up spending this Easter on the streets of Hamar - a mighty cold pleasure we might add. Do not forget to complete the pre-check-in, either.
- Valid identification (picture ID, driver’s license, bank ID card).
- A consent form from your parents if you are under 16 years old. The form is found here.
- Your beloved computer.
- A minimum ten meter network cable.
- Power cable, sound cables, monitor cable, power pad.
- A mouse and, for those who can't live without it, a mouse pad.
- Network card. Do not think you will be fine on wireless among 5000 others...
- We cannot stress this enough: Tooth brush, shaving equipment, soap and deodorant.
- Towels, we recommend you bring two. Drying off with your t-shirt is useless.
- Clean clothes, four or five sets (yes, we prefer you wash every day).
- Socks in all shapes and colors, especially the warm ones as the concrete floor gets cold.
- A bag or two to keep your dirty laundry in.
- Food. We recommend you buy some sliced bread + things to have on it. Food will be sold at the party, but living on those torched lumps of meat might be a bit expensive in the long run.
- Stuff to drink. We highly recommend water - it's good for you! Bonus: If you bring a bottle, you're sure to find places to re-fill it in the venue.
- An Easter egg filled with your favorite sweets. Ask your mother. It is a holiday, and sugar is of the essence.
- Money! This is very important. And no, we will not lend you any.
- Cell phone, so you can call your mother every time you feel homesick.
- Sleeping gear: Sleeping bag, mattress, pillow.
- A USB memory stick.
- Pen and paper (you never know!).
- A camera, because no one will believe you when you say that you have been to the second largest computer party in the world!
- Magazines/books. Nice pastime on the journey to and from Vikingskipet.
- Sanitary pads and tampons (that is, if you are female)
- Condoms/birth control. However, we do not recommend carnal pleasures in public areas as they are very crowded.
- A paper/plastic bag or two for trash. We like it nice and clean :)
- Any and all medication you may need during the party. You should also carry any necessary medical documentation on you at all times.
- Duct tape. Shouldn't need an explanation but if you must: it's really useful for protecting your wrists from the edge of the table and thus prevents bruises (No, we did not say "Use it on other people"!).
You will NOT need
- Microwave oven.
- Speakers suitable for The Who concerts. Do not worry - we'll bring the noise :)
- Other devices that require massive amounts of power.
More on information