Battlefield 3 is an award-winning FPS developed by EA Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. Battlefield 3 features the combined arms battles that made the series extremely popular. With action-packed close combat, fighter jets, and a wide range of vehicles, Battlefield 3 is sure to bring some action to The Gathering 2012.
There will be a total of 16 team slots for The Gathering 2012 tournament. These slots will be allocated as follows:
- 8 slots will be invited by the Game:crew board
- 8 slots will be available through a "BYOC" qualification for the attendees of The Gathering
The Gathering 2012 is proud to present this year's invites to our Battlefield 3 tournament. These lucky teams have been directly invited to the main tournament at The Gathering 2012:
- Team Dignitas
More invited teams will be announced here soon.
BYOC Qualifier (Bring your own computer)
This qualifier will be played on the players' own computers during the first day of The Gathering 2012. Up to 64 teams will get the opportunity to fight their way into the main tournament for Battlefield 3. The BYOC qualifier starts at 20:00 on Wednesday the 4th of April, with the last opportunity to sign up for the qualifier at 19:00 the same day.
The BYOC-qualifier will be played in a 5 vs 5 conquest infantry only - single elimination format. We wish every team good luck, and hope that anyone that plays Battlefield 3 signs up!
Remember to join the irc channel #tg.bf3 on quakenet! (Click here if you don't have an irc client)
The main tournament will be played on computers that have been rigged up in the e-sports arena by the
gamecrew. This last and final part of the tournament will run from Thursday through Saturday.
There will be a total of 16 teams in the main tournament, and these teams will play in a 5 vs 5 conquest infantry only - Double Elimination format . The invited players get the first seed and the BYOC-qualifiers are then given the second seed.
Players and teams must check-in for the main tournament:
- Upon arrival for The Gathering 2012, players and teams must check-in and confirm their arrival at the Game:Desk.
- Players and Team Managers must fill out a form with contact and bank account information at the Game:Desk – it is the players' and teams own responsibility to make sure this information is given to The Gathering's Administration and that the provided information is correct. Providing faulty information may result in the loss of prizes.
Please have all bank details, including international codes and transfer information ready when you come to check in.
- Make sure that you meet up for your matches at least 30 minutes prior to any scheduled match time.
The map-pool for the main tournament will be:
- Operation Metro - Small
- Damavand Peak - Small
- Teheran Highway - Small
- Seine Crossing - Small
- Grand Bazaar - Small
You will find more about the tournament sturcture in the rule set, that will be published soon.
** If you have any technical problems please do the following:
1. Electricity disconnects: Contact Security and then tell the Game Desk.
2. Network disconnects: Tell Secutiry and then tell the Game Desk.
If it affects one of your matches, the game will be delayed. However, if you do not tell us in time (20 minutes maximum), then a walkover will be declared, and you will automatically lose your match.
Main tournament prizes:
Total: 35 000 NOK
1st – 20 000 NOK
2nd – 10 000 NOK
3rd – 5 000 NOK