This year, the example code is much smaller and harder to crush. We hope you will enjoy working on it. The task for the Small HTML competition at The Gathering 2012 is as follows:
The assignment is to create a sunflower fractal made out of hearts, and using the following conditions:
- The effect as rendered on the screen must use a resolution of 720x720 pixels.
- The effect must not be animated - we want a static image.
- The colors can not be changed.
- The hearts should be easily recognizable and distributed evenly as the example shows.
- It should have the exact same amount of hearts as in the reference code.
- The effect does not have to be identical to the reference implementation, but should look mostly like it, if in doubt come to the Creative Helpdesk and ask.
- To avoid this turning into an image optimizing competition, base64 or similar image encoding tricks are NOT allowed. If in doubt, come to the Creative Helpdesk and ask us if your entry is valid.
You can download the reference code here
Support and clarifications
Ask for help in this forum thread.
The assignment will be announced 5. april 03:00, and the deadline for hand-in will be 24 hours after this announcement.
Entries must be delivered through the web-based compo system as a single .html file.
Deciding a winner
The winner will be the entry with the smallest file size. An entry must fulfill all success parameters given in the task assignment.
Embedded scripts or styles
Embedded CSS or client-side script code is allowed.
Referencing external resources
The entry is not allowed to reference any external resources or files, either locally or via network.
Browsers and standards
The entries will be tested in the latest stable version of Mozilla Firefox at the time of the deadline.
The entries are not required to validate against any standards, or work in other browsers.
The compo will be held if we receive three (3) or more entries. If not, this compo will be cancelled.
Prizes (in NOK)
- 1st prize 2500,-
- 2nd prize 1500,-
- 3rd prize 1000,-
The general rules for the Gathering 2012 creative competitions apply to this compo.