Entries in the wild competition must be registered through the web-based compo system, and can be delivered through this system as well.
The entry shall be submitted as a ZIP or RAR archive containing the video and a text file with contact information and information about the video. You must also provide individual credits for the video, including camera work, editing, score and so forth.
Delivery on physical media
Because videos tend to have huge filesizes we allow delivery of entries on physical media for this competition. If this applies to your entry, make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Before delivering your entry you must register it in the web-based compo system.
- You can deliver a CD/DVD/Memory stick with your entry on it directly to the Event:Creativia crew (you can find us in the workshop).
- Make sure that you label the disc with your name, the entry name and the entry-id you get when registering the entry. We can not accept any responsibility for entries lost due to delivery of unlabeled discs.
- Please observe that even though you are allowed to deliver your entry on DVD it should still be in one of the allowed formats for this competition. We will not rip your DVD and convert it to a video file for you.
- We would also appreciate a reasonable file size for the video. It is hardly necessary to use several gigabytes for a four minute video.
- XviD/DivX (.avi)
- MPEG2 (.mpg/.m2v)
- H.264 (.mp4/.m4v)
- Theora (.ogg/.ogm/.ogv)
- Matroska (.mkv)
Other video formats are not allowed, and will result in a disqualification.
This is a competition, with focus on direction. Some good examples are:
- Rendered or otherwise computer-generated animations
- Stop motion animated movies
- Properly filmed, edited and produced short movies or music videos
Some examples of what we do not want:
- Jackass clones
- Fragmovies/stunt movies
In addition to this, we will not show material that we judge to be offensive or in bad taste. Use common sense when deciding on what you put in.
Use of copyrighted material
Use of copyrighted material is not allowed. This goes for the soundtrack as well. Any participant must be ready to provide documentation that the material used is their own. Failure to provide such documentation will result in disqualification of the entry.
Maximum display time
Four (4) minutes. Exceptions will only be made for content that's really, really good.
A maximum of 10 entries will be shown in this compo. The winner will be chosen from a combination from popular vote and jury vote.