Entries in this competition must be delivered as a ZIP or RAR archive containing the following items:
- The picture in 16:9 format, preferably and no less than 1920*1080 pixels. This is to ensure that the entry won't need scaling when shown on the bigscreen. This also means you should not submit an entry in portrait orientation.
- A text file stating which program or Windows version you have used for the entry.
- At least three in-progress pictures, showing the workflow. These will be shown during the compo show. (If more than three in-progress pictures are delivered, please select three highlights from these, or the crew will pick three to be shown.)
Use the following file names in your archive:
- Compo version: title-yourname.png
- In-progress pictures: title-yourname-wip-xx.png (xx being numbers, lowest number being the earliest stage)
Allowed file formats
- PNG (.png)
- BMP (.bmp)
You should obviously use MS Paint for this compo.
If you do not have Windows installed, you are allowed to use any program with functionality similar to MS Paint, provided that it complies with these limitations:
- No support for gradients
- No support for layers or blending
All elements in the picture must be drawn by you, in one single instance of the program you're using.
The motive of your entry must be your own idea. This means you cannot use characters or concepts from movies, video games or other popular culture.
If we suspect you've been using other programs for your drawing, we will demand that you demonstrate your MS-Paint skills live for the entire crew. Failing to perform will result in disqualification.
Text in the picture
There should not be any text in the picture, unless it is part of a texture or is part of the picture in a logical way (i.e., if you make a picture of a car, you are obviously allowed to equip it with license plates).
A maximum of 20 entries will be shown in this compo. The winner will be determined by popular vote.